Sunday, May 4, 2014

Big Weekend Kicks off May 2014

I went to the Peace House Stomp, a square dancing fundraiser for the local Catholic Worker House organization on Friday night.  I dressed up as a cowgirl and even danced a few.  Here is my get-up.  And, to my knowledge, I was the only one who wore a cowboy hat.

Wish I had some action shots of the dance, but maybe I'll get some later.

The Kalamazoo Peace House provides tutoring and extracurricular activities to the children in the Eastside Neighborhood of Kalamazoo.  Jerry, Molly, Mike, and Jen are all graduates of Kalamazoo College and committed to social justice.  Congratulations to Peace House for a successful and fun event!!





On Sunday I walked the 5K "race" at the Kalamazoo Marathon where there were over 8,000 participants.  What a huge success at this well-organized event.  Congratulations Borgess Medical Center for putting on such a wonderful community event. 









Now it's time to relax and continue working on my writing jobs--and watch Tiger baseball. 

My next walk is at the Kalamazoo Memorial Day Parade where I will march with the Kalamazoo Women in Black, which advocates for peace as it mourns victims of war and violence.



No comments:

Post a Comment