Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I'm Still Here

in the bayou near New Orleans


Trying to make time for writing is like wrestling an alligator!

It's been a year since I've posted articles, and I'm anxious to get back to it!

Truth is, I've been teaching writing and had no time to do my own writing.

Last year I worked at Michigan State University and taught the first year seminar at James Madison College.  I also taught freshman composition for the MSU Writing Rhetoric and American Cultures Department.  This included a class with international students.  I liked working with the international students so much that I took two courses in English as a Second Language (ESL) with the Oxford Seminars--the basic course and the TOEFL preparation course.

This year I am teaching writing at Western Michigan University in its ESL program called CELCIS (Center for English Language and Culture for International Students).  I am also offering tutoring in ESL as well as TOEFL preparation through my company called Global Visions.  I also do editing for international graduate students and professors.

See my latest article about Maestro Charles Greenwell,retiring conductor of the Birmingham Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra -- and the new music director Maestro John Thomas Dodson.


No comments:

Post a Comment